Sie sind hier: Home >
> CAGötz jr: Home
In 1884 Conrad August Götz jr. founded his
company in Wernitzgrün, near Markneukirchen in the state of Saxony in Germany,
which has been the traditional center of musical instrument hand-crafting for
over 300 years. He began with the manufacture of strings for musical
instruments and rosin, which soon became famous among musicians and music
dealers. Production of stringed instruments followed, and the complete range of
accessories, bows, cases and tone woods, in cooperation with many independent
The range of products increased considerably to
include wind and fretted instruments, mouth harmonicas and zithers. The company
flourished, dealing with makers and music stores throughout Germany and Europe,
and extending their exports worldwide.
The office, factory building and private house
were confiscated by the communist regime in 1953, and the family
East German instrument makers, who settled in the nearby village of Bubenreuth,
which became a new center for the music industry in Germany after 1950. The original property was returned to the Götz
family a few years after the reunification of Germany. Following a period of
extensive renovation and alterations, all business operations were transferred
from Erlangen to Wernitzgrün in January 2000.
Klaus Götz is the sole owner and director of C.
A. Götz jr. Karlheinz Götz has retired.